Verge Permaculture are offering a free 'teleclass' with Joel Salatin, packed with useful information.
Joel Salatin is a sustainable farmer at the multi-enterprise Polyface Farm in America, where he uses holistic methods to raise livestock and grow food without the use of harmful chemicals. He is known internationally for his innovative techniques and has created a thriving business that not only provides customers with good quality food, trains the next generation of farmers through his apprenticeship schemes but also makes money. A lot of it. Joel is an example of how a sustainable and low-stress farm can be profitable.
On October 9th at 6pm (MDT), Joel Salatin will be online talking about 'How to make a living as a farmer'.
You can learn :
• Tips on building a trained core of employees
• Creating a lasting, profitable legacy for your children and grandchildren
• Business principles for farming like an entrepreneur
• Becoming your own middleman and marketing to a diverse audience
• Practical how-to's, from creative land acquisition to beyond-organic production principles.
And if you can't make October 9th, you can still sign up and receive the recorded interview in your emails for viewing at a later date.
To learn more and sign up for the class visit www.vergepermaculture.ca/blog/2013/09/18/follow-your-small-farm-dreams-free-teleclass-with-joel-salatin/