- Finance & Administration Manager – 3 days per week - closing date 4th January 2021
- Site Development Manager – 3 days per week - closing date 4th January 2021
- Communications Manager – 1 day per week - closing date 4th January 2021
- Steward Support and Community Development Manager – 2 days per week - closing date 4th January 2021
- Fundraiser – 2 days per week - closing date 25th January 2021
The Ecological Land Cooperative develops affordable, low impact, smallholdings for ecological agriculture. The high costs of land and rural housing make it nearly impossible for new entrants to farming to establish a farm business. By providing affordable and secure smallholdings, we are helping to address this crisis.
Determined to turn good ideas into reality, to have a positive influence and to give hope to those choosing to live sustainably, we have designed a model for creating affordable, ecological smallholdings. Having successfully developed our first cluster of farms in Mid Devon, we have begun work on our second site in East Sussex and purchased our third site on the Gower.
We show that small-scale ecological farming CAN work in today’s economy. Sustainably managed smallholdings provide low-impact livelihoods, regenerate land and produce good, healthy food for local communities, increasing sustainability and resilience, and improving ecology and biodiversity for future generations.
By supporting new entrants into ecological agriculture we help revitalise rural communities. We want to see a living, working countryside where land is valued as a way to enhance the good of communities and the natural world.